Anton Riesterer, owner of the Hotel Adler (now Parkhotel Adler) built in 1883 on his property the then called “Gasthaus zum Bahnhof” (Inn at the Train Station) the now “Schwarzwaldhof”. This Inn was then run by his son Hermann and his wife Ida, nee Sutter, a daughter from the Hotel “Weißes Rössle”, which houses today the Földi Clinic. The then Tavern boasted 6 guestrooms and housed on the first floor, now room 21, the local Post office of Hinterzarten. Situated where the garages now are, were the stables, where cattle traders could house their animals. The conditions were favorable, because the completion of the Höllentalbahn was completed in 1887 and the animals could be loaded directly onto the adjacent Train. Equally boosted the building of the rail service the tourism trade.
In 1911 to 1912, an initial expansion of the building became necessary. A hall was built in a flat roofed extension, which finds its usage today as Dining Room. In 1942 the building was increased and received its look of today. After the war, Eberhard Riesterer, son of Hermann and Ida Riesterer, took over the hotel. He was a fabulous Professional, whom unfortunately, died much too early in 1963.After this, the Building was sold to the city, which leased it.
The city council sold the property in 1968 to the couple Adolf und Doris Gutzweiler. Since April 1st 1971 the family operates the property as their own. The required renovations were continuously carried out by the family. Centrally located in the town center, presents the house itself in an architecturally appealing way and is in every season a favorite photo by visiting tourists.